Settling in is always an anxious time for both child/ren and parent/s. We aim to work with you to ensure your child/ren feels welcome, safe and excited to meet others and play. We want to assure parents that your child/ren will be cared for in a safe and nurturing environment.
We recognise that some children feel comfortable and settle in quickly, while others may take a little longer to adjust. That is why we work closely with parents to make the necessary adjustments for their child/ren to feel settled in.
Settling in will normally take a week; during this time you will be introduced to your child’s key worker, and other members of staff working in your child/ren's allocated room. Initially, you’ll leave your child with us for an hour or so, where we will play and introduce them to the other children in their room, so they feel welcome. This process will increase over the week until both you and your child are comfortable and confident.
We will do everything we can to ensure your child is happy throughout the day. We will also:
- Enable you and your child to meet all our staff
- Give you a 'Little Person's Routine' form to complete
- Outline routines, meal times and activities
- Assess how your child is doing
- Discuss health plans and special needs
- Contact you immediately if your child becomes unsettled for any reason
- Work with you to develop any other methods to ensure your child settles into nursery as quickly as possible.